Lunenburg has downtown parking for visitors and customers. Metered on-street parking and designated parking lots, plus free parking is available downtown.
- View our Lunenburg pdf Downtown Parking Map (264 KB) .
- pdf Town of Lunenburg Parking Infraction Ticket and Parking Meter Bylaw – Summary Offence Ticket Approval Update (244 KB)
Please learn about crosswalk safety in Lunenburg by viewing our pdf Crosswalk Safety Brochure (1.16 MB) .
Paying your Parking Ticket
Town of Lunenburg - Winter Parking Advisory
Help us keep Town streets free of ice and snow by ensuring your vehicle is parked off-street during winter storm and snow removal operations. The Public Works Department can do the job more efficiently if your vehicles are not left on the street during this time.
Please arrange off-street parking locations during snow clearing and salting operations. The Town of Lunenburg operates several parking lots where overnight (5:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.) parking is permitted for a fee ($26.25/month + HST). Parking passes may be purchased at the Lunenburg Town Hall, 119 Cumberland Street (902-634-4410). Parking lots are located on Lincoln Street (22 spaces), Blockhouse Hill (18 spaces), Green Street tennis court (13 spaces), as well as limited spaces on Linden (5), Kaulback (2), and Oxner (2).
In the Town of Lunenburg, the RCMP enforce the Nova Scotia Motor Vehicle Act winter parking ban which:
- Prohibits parking or leaving a motor vehicle, whether attended or unattended, on any street that might interfere with or obstruct snow removal, or winter maintenance;
- Authorizes a Police Officer to have a motor vehicle moved or towed to some other place if it interferes with or obstructing snow removal or winter maintenance; and
- Provides that the cost of moving or towing motor vehicle can be recovered from the owner.
Please also remove potential obstacles to the sidewalk plow such as signs, planters, furniture etc.
The cooperation of all drivers, businesses and residents is appreciated!
For more information, please contact the Public Works Department at 902-634-8992.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our pdf Winter Street and Sidewalk Maintenance - Frequently Asked Questions (118 KB) section to get answers on everything you need to know about snow removal operations.