Town of Lunenburg Approves 2022-23 Town Budget
Low Income Property Tax Relief Program
Lunenburg Town Council has approved improvements to the Town’s Low Income Property Tax Relief program.
The Town reconsidered the long-standing program’s exemption levels as well as income thresholds to better reflect the changing needs in our community.
Property assessments from the Property Valuation Services Corp. have increased right across Nova Scotia for 2022. The changes to the Town’s policy will allow more homeowners who require financial assistance to participate in the program to help offset higher assessments.
The revised levels are as follows:
Total Annual Household Income / Annual Property Tax Relief
$30,000 or less = $1,000
$30,001 to $35,000 = $500
$35,001 to $40,000 = $250
Over $40,001 = $0
The changes are in line with the Comprehensive Community Plan. The CCP identified that low income and higher shelter costs have created a gap for the more vulnerable and these changes will assist with closing the gap that exists (page 39).
You can now access your bills online through the Town's eServices website.
- Access your property/sewer tax bills, and water and electric utility bills online.
- Receive email notifications when your bills are ready to view.
- Access current balances, payment history, and meter reading information.
- Update mailing and contact information details in order to stay up to date.
- Accessible 24/7 from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Environmentally friendly - reduced paper usage.
For more information, go to the Finance 'Billing & Payments' page.