Recreation is now a part of Community Development.
- Recreation facility (Arena, Community Centre, sports fields, skate park, playgrounds, trails) maintenance & rentals
- Development, promotion, delivery of indoor/outdoor recreation programming (available programming is on facility pages)
- Public special events planning, organizing, & implementing
- Regional shared/cooperation projects and other local recreation opportunities
- PRO Kids program (financial assistance program for children & youth re: sport, recreation & culture activities)
- Heritage Bandstand rentals
Welcome to Lunenburg Recreation!
pdf Spring 2023 Recreation Guide - Town of Lunenburg (3.10 MB)
Our goal is to provide support for the community to make physical activity choices that will contribute to the improvement of their overall health and well-being.
We want to make physical activity an easy choice. An active community begins with proper education of physical activity, supported by adequate built and natural environments and programs for all ages. In order to create a healthy community, physical activity and recreation are of the most benefit. With the increasingly busy schedules people face in today’s society, it is often difficult to incorporate regular daily physical activity in our lives. As increased physical activity has optimal health benefits, it is important for us as a Town to maximize the opportunities and resources which our residents and visitors have to make positive, healthy lifestyle choices.
We invite you to enjoy the countless year-round recreational opportunities our town has to offer. We are proud to support the many community organizations which also foster recreation and physical activity in our Town and continue to offer programs, facilities, and initiatives that prove beneficial to the residents and visitors of Lunenburg.
Rental pricing is available on the facility pages. For inquiries, contact us as below.
See pdf Tick Check Basics (106 KB) for your outdoor personal safety from the Province of Nova Scotia. To learn more about tick safety, visit Tick safety or call your local Public Health office at 902-543-0850.
Phone: (902) 634-4006 or (902) 634-8744