The 2020 Election was the first electronic election for the Town of Lunenburg.
- Voter participation: 64.1% (compared to 45.6% in 2016, and 58.8% in 2012)
- See pdf Election Statistics (813 KB) for breakdowns of voter participation by device, age, gender, etc.
- FAQ for voters: pdf 2020 eVote Common Questions (645 KB)
Information for Votors
Eligibility to Vote
Individuals are qualified to vote in these elections if they are:
- 18 years of age or older on the 1st Advance Polling Day;
- a Canadian citizen by the 1st Advance Polling Day;
- ordinarily resident in the Province of Nova Scotia for a period of six months immediately before the 1st Advance Polling Day; and
- they are ordinarily resident in the Town of Lunenburg and have been so since immediately before the 1st Advance Polling Day. The First Advance Polling Day has been determined by Council to be Thursday, October 8, 2020.
Information for Candidates
- pdf The Candidate’s Guide to Municipal Elections (409 KB) prepared by the Nova Scotia Department of Municipal Affairs
- The Dalhousie Campaign School website: Your Decision includes online information
- The Nova Scotia Federation of Municipalities Election Day page
Municipal Elections Act
Elections are under the jurisdiction of the Nova Scotia Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Read the provincial legislation.