As of August 31, 2021, you can now access your bills online through the Town's eServices website.
- Access your property/sewer tax bills, and water and electric utility bills online.
- Receive email notifications when your bills are ready to view.
- Access current balances, payment history, and meter reading information.
- Update mailing and contact information details in order to stay up to date.
- Accessible 24/7 from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Environmentally friendly - reduced paper usage.
Look for your sign-up key on your next bill!
To set up your account, visit https://lunenburg.townsuite.com:
- Click on the green 'Sign up now' button.
- Click on the blue 'Resident or Business Owner of the (Town of Lunenburg)'.
- Enter the sign-up key found on the bottom of your Town bill.
- Complete sign-up instructions are available for download pdf here (723 KB) or by clicking the 'Sign up Guide' from the login screen.
Bills Issued and Payments Options
The Town issues tax bills bi-annually. An interim bill is calculated as 50% of the prior years' tax rate on the current year's assessment and is issued on May 1 each year. A final tax bill is calculated based on your current assessment at the current tax rate (per $100. of assessment) less interim taxes paid. The final tax bills are issued on September 1. All taxes are due upon receipt, however, interest is not charged if payment is received by the end of the month the bill was issued.
There is a Property Tax Exemption available for low-income individuals. Please see the current years' budget for income thresholds and tax exemption amounts or download the.
Payment options include:, cash, debit, cheque, post-dated cheque, telephone/internet banking, or paid at your bank branch at most Canadian financial institutions. The Town does not accept credit card payments. (Please note: When setting up online banking, search for the payee term “Lunenburg” rather than “Town of Lunenburg”, as it sometimes shows as “Lunenburg Town of”.)
Pre-authorized debit for Electric and Water Utilities requires pdf separate authorization (85 KB) .
Please access the following links to obtain more information on the following topics: