The Town of Lunenburg Council requests applications from interested citizens to serve on the Town’s Anti-Racism Special Committee and to represent the Town on the Western Regional Housing Authority.
• The Anti-Racism Special Committee has a limited mandate for 2022 and meets once a month at 6:00 p.m. or on an as-required basis. The following THREE vacancies are available for volunteers who may or may not live in the Town:
- 1 citizen at large who has knowledge/expertise in African Nova Scotian or Indigenous affairs
- 1 representative from the African Nova Scotian community
- 1 representative from the Mi’kmaq community
• The Western Region Housing Authority is responsible for the administration and management of rental housing units. It meets five times yearly and has ONE vacancy. This appointment is a three-year term ratified by the Minister of Community Service.
Lunenburg encourages applications from Indigenous persons, African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional volunteer positions), persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
Please return completed application forms by February 2, 2022 to the attention of Ann Covey as above.